Our PICKY EATERS PROGRAM gives you and your child a fun, non-threatening way to work on sensory issues, with the goal of increasing sensory tolerance and reducing fear of textures through play-based strategies. This program includes the following DIGITAL ASSETS (additional materials/products required):
- A complete set of DIGITAL PLAY PLANS that show you exactly how to use our preferred (and sensory intensive) materials, and how long you need to use each material to see expert results. Play Plans include desensitization exercises and sensory play activities. You will receive 36 plans.
- A comprehensive PARENT/TEACHER GUIDE with program support, tips & tricks, therapeutic/developmental benefits & more.
- A ready-to-print CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION your little one can feel proud of!
- BONUS PLAY for food exploration, fun in the kitchen & more.
- Follow the Picky Eaters Play Plan (this is an actual play guide that shows you HOW to use our recommended materials (in your SUPPLY LIST) in the most effective way possible.
- Play for 20 minutes a day!
Each Play Plan offers TWO approaches for use, depending on the sensory needs of your child.
- If your child is fearful of a particular texture or scent, there is a step by step way to work on DESENSITIZATION (SENSORY CHALLENGE). Simply choose the desensitization Play Plan to work on sensory management.
- If your child is not fearful of a particular texture or scent, the Play Plan offers a way to use the sensory materials in a way to promote calm, soothe, and prepare your child for trying a new food (SENSORY PLAY). The soothing activity is also meant to be used after trying a new food, to reduce possible anxiety and help re-regulate your child.
Whatever the situation may be, the use of food textures (such as pasta, spaghetti, rice, peas/beans, oatmeal, etc.) during sensory play, can help your child with smelling and touching in a playful manner. As a child engages in age-appropriate food exploration, they will become more comfortable and more interested in exploring foods & textures in general.